Areas of Work
The Secretariat-General of the Government is responsible for:
- organising sessions of the Government, its working bodies, strategic councils and other Governmental bodies;
- monitoring the implementation of resolutions adopted by the Government and obligations taken on or assigned to the Government;
- the participation of the Government or its representatives in the sessions of the National Assembly, cooperation with the President of the RS and other state bodies and organisations, and cooperation with other states and international organisations;
- ensuring the availability of opinions and other materials necessary for the formation of policy standpoints by the Government and its working bodies;
- the organisation and activities of Government offices whose directors report to the Government Secretary-General;
- other matters necessary for the functioning of the Government, its working bodies and councils, as well as those Government offices whose directors report to the Government Secretary-General.
The Secretariat-General of the Government also provides translation and editing services and transport by car for the ministries, for the Office of the Prime Minister and for the Government Offices.
The Secretariat-General of the Government carries out the following professional, administrative and technical tasks for the Office of the Prime Minister:
- managing the financial affairs of the Office of the Prime Minister and the maintenance of its premises;
- information and documentation activities;
- the regulation of employee rights and working conditions;
- postal, courier, printing and photocopying services.